Monday, May 3, 2010

TRIZOU May 2, 2010

We did our first triathlon of the season yesterday. It was a sprint distance (440m swim, 14 mile bike & 3 mile run) race & I had a blast. This  is a local race put on by Ultramax. Mark & Amy Livesay have the best races I have found and this was my first triathlon a few years ago. Many of our friends in the local triathlon club (Columbia Multisport, aka CMC) volunteer & race. So it very nice to know so many friendly faces on the course. Nothing like racing by a friend and getting encouragement by name. All of our family was either racing (Dad, Heidi & I) or volunteering (Phil, my hubby, Nathan: Heidi's man and Mom). On a side note: VOLUNTEERS are awesome!! And they have a much longer & energy draining day than I did! Phil got up 1 hour before me and got home after my lunch & nap were finished!

About the race. Its on University campus and the pool is located in the MU Rec center which is a TOP NOTCH place! Amazing pool! I loved the swim! 

I haven't crunched all the numbers & stats. But happy to report that I took 10 minutes off my time from 2 years ago. The majority of that was from the bike & run. I felt very strong on the bike & pushed myself for the run. It felt really great to be overly trained for a race. I have a history of under training & just doing enough to get by.... not this year!

May is a big training month, big shock. We have 3 -70 mile rides. The first of which is Sunday. We will be celebrating mothers day on our bikes ;) In 2 weeks we will drive to the race site (about 3 hours away) to camp & train on the actual race course (we'll do a swim/bike/run workout). I'm looking forward to being on the course prior to race day!

Heidi & I swam this morning & will ride 30 miles tonight. I'm hoping the ride goes better than my swim. I was cranky & just didn't feel like swimming. I felt like a 3 year old.... "I don't wanna swim" (say in a winey voice).

by: Heather

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say how PROUD this Papa is of you Two Sisters!!! You BOTH totally rocked this race!!! WOW, I think all this training is paying off after all!!
    What a great 30 mile bike ride it was last night and what a "fun run" it was this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete