Monday, May 31, 2010

Final Week thoughts.

Heidi.

I wouldn't even have to put my name up there.  I'm sure by now you all know that I am the nervous one.

We have entered our final week.  I just completed my final 2000 yrds before the race.  I decided I better do at least 40 laps without stopping to make sure I could do it.  I knew in my head that I could but in our training we always did a swim workout and stopped for breathers.  We have been swimming in the lake the past 3 swims but we still stop at the end for a moment.  The final swim was in a pool and went by fairly quickly.  I was happy that it was only 40 laps instead of 60!

I have been extremely busy- and thankfully this week is also busy.  As I was sitting in church on Saturday I started thinking about the race being 7 days away.  That is when the knots in my stomach began- a lot like they are doing right now as I'm thinking about it.  I tend to get nervous with all races (not sure why I call them races- they are more like events to me) I do and this one seems to be 10x more so.

There will be so many people cheering me on.  I am excited about that but it also makes me more nervous. I am focusing on this being MY RACE/EVENT instead of trying to please anyone else.  My other focus will be a verse in the Bible- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".  If you have any other wise quotes/thoughts that I will help me on race day- or race week- please share them with me.

I know I can accomplish this race.  I'm just very nervous and anxious about it.  All these weeks leading up to this one event is just a little overwhelming at this stage.  Thank you all for your thoughts, kind words and support.  They have kept me motivated through this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment