Saturday, May 22, 2010

Foot Update...

This morning I called our coach, Amy & she encouraged me to get a second opinion on the foot infection. So, off I went to the local urgent care. This dr. added another antibiotic to fight nearly every infection that could be going on. I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning with improvements.

There is a quarter size red bump on the top and the rest of the foot is swollen & red. I have pictures, but will spare you the details.

So, Heidi & Nathan are going to ride 60 miles tomorrow and I'm hoping to get on the trainer for a bit. Phil suggested we tape back the straps & tongue of my (right) cycling shoe and wear the left shoe like normal. I'm thankfully for that suggestion and we even tried the shoe on and I think it'll work.

Also thankfully we swam this afternoon. Felt awesome to get a workout done. I can't afford a lot of time doing nothing. And 2 days off was not fun for me.

I am grateful for my family & friends who are encouraging & praying for me.

by: Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment