Monday, May 10, 2010

One month & counting

I'm beginning to feel the pressure of the race.  I feel like I'm on a roll right now with workouts and my strength is building quickly.  I feel like I can accomplish anything that is on the schedule.  However, the race itself is still beyond my confidence.  I feel like I need 6 weeks and only have 4.  The 13.1 miles after the rest is my rock wall that I can't seem to wrap my mind around.

Finally we had a workout that allowed me to start breaking that wall down.  Friday we had an hour bike followed by a 10 mile run.  I was actually excited about that workout.  I would say running is my favorite sport right now.  I looked forward to the run afterwards (dad & heather thought I was crazy). Most of our bricks (two workouts back to back) have been a long bike w/ short 1-2 mile runs.  I enjoyed getting to feel my legs after the 2 miles- and they felt great.  I started hurting at mile 8 and was so excited to finish such a great workout.

Yesterday was a 66 mile bike ride.  I was anxious.  For some reason bike is my least favorite sport of the three.  And I figured out why.  I am the weakest link on the bike. Dad could ride all day long and power through anything.  Heather has some major strength and powers through the bike so easily (in my thinking at least!).  She can conquer a massive hill like nothing!  However!!!  It was a great ride for me.  Besides my seat hurting my butt bones so badly I felt great the entire ride.

This morning we had another milestone.  3000 yrd swim.  60 laps!!  We always plan out the workout in sets (10 lap warmup, 8 laps of drills, speed work, cool down....).  We did the same thing today except made every thing a little longer and it really passed by quickly.  We were both surprised.

3 comments:

  1. I think all my comments on this blog must go something like this: I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!! Today is NO different! You guys are rocking this training!!! Not to mention you're still moms and wives!!! Love you both....keep up ALL the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kera!!! You are our loyal reader :) Our wife & mom jobs have been slipping a little. I can't wait till JUNE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kera you are so right, they do rock!!! I also am sooooo proud of them!!

    ReplyDelete