Monday, March 1, 2010

Home & back at it.

Heidi:

We are back from Florida and I'm ready to hit it hard!  Good thing because that is exactly what the plan is telling me to do!

My run with the Crocs went very well.  I did a few loops and felt pretty good.  The hardest thing about it was running without my partner!  I turned up the ipod and stayed away from the crocs.

While down in the Keys we did a few short runs, a core workout taught by Nathan and a 9 miler on friday.  I was dreading the 9 miles the whole week.  I'm not sure why besides the fact that I really didn't feel ready for nine yet.  And the first three were very hard on me.  I have been having trouble with my toes and feet going numb and hurting.  It was pretty bad on my 8 miles by myself.  I'm going to talk to my shoe girl this week about it.  I've always had some issue with numbness but this feels like my foot is dead and the bottom is hurting.  Anyway, after the first 3-4 miles I got in a grove and the final 5 miles went quickly and quite easily.  I was thrilled to be done with it and felt silly about dreading it.

Yesterday was our first day home and we had a 2 hour bike ride on our schedule.  I was very ready to get back on the bike.  I knew my legs had been missing it.  Heather didn't have much time yesterday and decided to hop on the trainer.  I wanted to be outside.  I despise the trainer and if the sun is shining and I have a partner I will choose outdoors any day.  Nathan wanted to go so we gave the kids to Gram (who was begging for them any way) and headed out on a beautiful ride in the MO countryside.  We choose the gravel and had a glorious ride.  As soon as we hit the MKT trail (1/2 way through) it got mushy and irritating!  It was a tough workout on soggy trails but I got it done and felt very accomplished.

This morning was back in the pool.  Another thing that I have been feeling behind on.  It felt good- and tiring.  I could feel my 2 weeks out of the pool.

We're kicking it up a notch for March!  Thanks for tuning in & keeping me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment