Monday, March 22, 2010

Heidi Rambles.

I am blogging today because my mood/spirits have improved since the weekend!  Late last week and through the weekend I felt overwhelmed by life.  The workouts have gotten so long that I don't have time (or energy) to get anything else accomplished.  I hate going into the weekend with a dirty house and that is exactly what happened.  And the workouts just get more intense through the weekend.  I have pulled through the weekend, am in a better state of mind, and am learning to use my time more wisely during the easier days.

We re-arranged some workouts due to snow on Sat- and cold temps on Sunday.

Thursday we did hill repeats (as scheduled).  We rode to the hill- about 20 minutes- then up THE hill 5 minutes, repeat, repeat, repeat.  Four hill repeats (doesn't sound like a lot but 5 minutes climbing a hill is quite challenging for my legs!).  Then back home- with another very long & steep hill.  DONE.  Felt great.

Friday- the biggest workout yet.  A triathlon.  1000 swim, 50 mile bike, 2 mile run.  The most I had ever biked was 30 miles.  Plus, my legs were not fresh after the night before.  Less than 15 hours later we started this!  I knew it was going to be a challenge and it was.  I was hurtin' on the bike- and for sure on the run.  There was quite a bit of headwind (not sure exactly what it was but enough to make me mad!) on the way back.  I lost my good attitude.  It took us 4 hrs 34 min.  It was also my longest workout so far.

Saturday- I loathed getting in the pool.  Again, our biggest swim workout.  2400.  It went by quicker than I thought and I actually felt less sore.

Sunday- 11 mile run.  It was still a little icy and called for rain nearly all day.  We decided to go later in the day and found no ice (or rain) on the roads, trail or sidewalks.  I was not looking forward to it at all.  Heather had picked an extremely HILLY route which scared me.  Turns out I had a great run.  Felt really good miles 2-7 (I never have a great first mile or two).  Started hurting about mile 8 but finished with good spirits and I have found that is better than anything!

My legs are very sore today (Monday).  We had a swim workout this morning.  I didn't use my legs as much as usual and managed to get through it with good spirits!

2 comments:

  1. oh sister....i'm sorry. i'm sure this is VERY overwhelming and i would feel just what you are feeling. keep your eyes on the "prize".....that being the race and to accomplish it cause you know you will be SOOOO PROUD to say you did this. maybe this will not be your life, to always do these long races, but to accomplish this one! you guys are AWESOME and doing GREAT!!!! i love you and am sending prayers and hugs your way!! if it helps my house looks as though i'm training for a 70.3 right now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the warm thoughts and prayers! i'm sure this won't be the worst of it! you made me start crying... of course. i needed those words today. Thank you! heidi

    ReplyDelete