Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Screamin' legs

Heidi:
This week is by far the hardest week yet.  My legs have been sore for a solid 7 days!  On our 4 mile run this morning they were screaming at me!  Our "easy" run days have become a bit more intense.  We run a mile slow, 2 miles fast and finish with a slow mile.  Today we had a MAJOR steep hill in the middle of our fast mile.  It was intense.  I have learned that I take at least 2 miles to warm up.  After mile 3 I feel so much better.

We have been doing a great job of fitting our workouts in our schedule.  And our husbands and families have been super amazing for taking the kids during our workouts.  Nathan & I talked in depth about it before we even started because this is just as much a commitment for him as it is for me.  The workouts are getting longer so it is beginning to get more difficult to arrange & squeeze.  Heather & I have both realized that we are getting so tired from our long workouts that we are noticing things around the house not getting done!

After our 4 mile run this morning we started our rest day.  Tomorrow is off for us!  I have been dreaming of this day for a week!

I will enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment