Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday- Feeling stronger

This is our easy week.  We have been enjoying it.  However, we were talking on our 3 miler on thursday that we really just get warmed up at 2 miles so beyond 2 miles is the easiest part of the run.  I definitely struggle the most on mile one.

Today we had a 45 min bike.  It was going to be a high of 52 today- and sunny- so we hopped on our road bikes for the first time of the season!   It was fantastic!  I chose shorts & long sleeves.  A little cold to start off with but it felt great.  The best part of the ride was how great I felt.  I really do feel myself getting stronger.  We did a ride that we rode many times last summer and I never felt as good as I did today.  Last year I would struggle on those hills and today I really felt like I conquered them easier... and didn't dread them like I did before.

Tomorrow is a first for me.  Nathan & I are doing a team adventure race.  It involves backpacks, compasses, whistles... and adventure!  2-3 miles of canoeing, 13 mile mtn bike and a 3-4 mile trail run.  I'm excited about- and a little nervous. I haven't done many bricks yet (bricks are back to back things- like a bike & run, or swim & bike...). But nothing I can't accomplish!  It will be fun to do it with Nathan and I know I will push myself very hard.

I'll post how it goes!

Oh, and Sunday we have our first BIG bike- 40 miles!  The most I've ever biked was 28 miles.  We'll see how my legs feel after tomorrow.  March has begun- and the hard core training is starting its full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment