Monday, March 29, 2010

my, my my...

...how things have changed this month. Not sure if this was mentioned a month ago, but Heidi told me to enjoy February and whatever I did, "do not look at March!!" This message was sent to me via email a month ago. And look at us now, we have not only made it through all the March's workouts, but we're feeling good & optimistic! A tad sore after this weekend, but nothing major.

I tell my friends about our 50 mile bike rides or 12 mile runs and they look at me like I am crazy! And while that might be true, I firmly believe that anyone can do anything!! Its fear that holds us hostage from accomplishing new things. I've heard this so many times... "I could NEVER do anything like that". UH, sure you can! Trust me, we are very slow triathletes! But my goal (or Heidi's) has never been to get top 10 in our age group. We are just racing to have fun & find out just how far we can push our mom bodies.

From the beginning of this journey we have taken one day at a time. I truly focus on the workout for that day. Ask me what I'm doing this sunday. I have no idea, but I do know it will involve a swim/bike or run workout. And an easter egg hunt.

So, for anyone out there wanting to TRI something new..... doesn't have to be triathlon or run related.... YOU CAN DO IT! I find it very rewarding breaking my own little mental records..... like we swam 2600 yards the other day, never done that. Or in a couple weeks we'll ride 60 & 70 miles on a bike. NEVER done that!

I am grateful for my family & friends who make this possible. Especially to my hubby, Phil & 2 boys, Ashton & Parker. Thanks for allowing me to get out on this skinny branch of 70.3 training. I am blessed with the most supportive family!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh heath i LOVED this post!!! SOOOOO inspiring!! "it's fear that holds us hostage from accomplishing new things"....needs to be a motto for me! BEAUTIFUL!! you do have a VERY supportive family and i'm soooo happy and proud of you guys for sticking with this!!!

    ReplyDelete