Monday, March 29, 2010

Good Monday.

It seems that Monday's are the best days for me to blog!  My mood is usually the best because we look forward to an easy tuesday run (always 3-4 miles) and then an off day!  I have started getting anxious heading into the weekends.

We had to swap days again this weekend because I had to work on Friday.  I have found that work gets in the way of training quite frequently- and I only work 10 hours a week!  I really do not see how working adults train for a half- or even more a whole- ironman.

Saturday was our 12 miler.  It had its ups & downs.  The run overall was a really great run for me.  At the end I felt better/stronger than I did on the 10 and 11 miler's.  And it even went .3 over the 12!  Usually Heather & I get to our goal mark and STOP... walking the rest if we still aren't back at the truck.  This week we actually felt like we could run more if we needed.

Yesterday we hopped back on the bike for a 30-mile bike ride.  We had at least 30mph wind on the way out.  It was AWFUL.  I would attempt to draft behind Nathan but I simply could not avoid any of the wind.  I couldn't even ride straight!  The way home was SO FUN!  We were going 20+ without even working hard!  I was very happy to get home.

An easy 1500 swim this morning.  Heather & I both admitted that we did the 2600 much easier than we did the 1500 today.  We are both very sore today.

Going to go enjoy this "easy" week!  The sun is out ALL week.  That will definitely help my training spirits!

1 comment:

  1. i like that you put easy in quotations because i'm sure whatever training you are doing wouldn't be easy for the non-trainer!!! keep up the GREAT work girls.....YOU ARE BOTH AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete