Sunday, January 24, 2010

Workout Weekend!

Heidi:
We started our weekend with our spinning class on friday morning.  It is so nice because our mom (nana) takes the kids for the morning so we can get our workout done.  We were sweating so badly and it was a really tough class.  I come out of that class feeling like I really worked hard!

Saturday was my birthday.  Heather & I didn't want to take time during the day (it was already jam packed with activities) so we opened the gym at 7am and started our 1400 swim workout.  We are starting to do drills which really help break up the 28 laps!  We do a 300 warm up, followed by some drills (catch up drill, arms only, 75%...) and then cool down.  It is so much better than just swimming & counting laps.  And when I am out of breath or breathing hard during swimming I know I'm doing something good!

Our second workout for that day was watching the MU girls play Baylor!  Seriously, a workout for us! We scream, jump up & down and get our heart rate up big time!  Our third workout was on the dance floor at the CMC banquet/my birthday party that night!  Heather got more of a workout than I did that night :)  I didn't stay too long on the dance floor- heather's calves were feeling it today!

This afternoon we decided to get on our Dad's trainers for a 90 minute bike ride.  We watched football and spun.  I was really dreading it- and the first 20 minutes were tough- but now that it is done I can actually say that it went pretty well!  I would have rather been on the pavement watching the countryside and feeling the rollers.  But we were treated pretty well at mom & dads.  Remote controls, water delivery, orange slices brought to us and anything else we needed!  We can't complain about that pampering!

Tomorrow starts week 3 for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment