Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Gravel

Today was more bike riding for us. Last sunday we did 90 minutes with our bikes on the trainer. For me it went better than I was expecting, but I much prefer to be outside for most of our workouts. I dread the treadmill, prefer open water swimming & riding outside. So today we got layered up & braved the cold weather (it was about 30 deg. when we began, but thankfully little wind & sunny skies). We met up with CMC (Columbia Multisport friends) and began our 2nd gravel ride. I am falling in love with gravel rides. No traffic, we stay warm even in cold weather and get to explore new roads in the country. Not to mention the smell of farms and visiting with cows.

Gravel riding is a GREAT workout!! WOW! Our legs were burning as we slowly climbed some hills. Looking forward to next weeks ride!

Week 4 is an EASY week!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

By: Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment