Saturday, January 16, 2010

Run Day

We got up early on Thursday morning (4:50am) to meet up with our usual running T/Th run group. We were scheduled to run 4 miles flat. Due to nasty trail conditions (ice covered/snow packed). We had to run a long hill to get our flat run completed. We got about 1/2 mile up the hill and our good running buddy Barb tripped on a snow/ice chunk that probably feel off a vehicle. She feel hard and it was quickly decided that I would run back to get  my car & pick up Barb. When I got back to Heidi & Barb there were several other runners who stopped to help. Long story short, we did not get our 4 mile run completed on Thursday morning, but instead helped a friend (who without doubt would have done the same for us). Thankfully Barb was okay & a little sore. And also I'm thankful that Heidi & I were able to get 3 miles done later in the afternoon. We didn't have time to get the 4th mile done before I had to get to Ashton from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment