Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rain, Rain........

...GO AWAY! Our last 2 bike rides have been inside due to nasty rain. Lots of rain. We're talking over 3 inches this weekend! So, needless to say we have not completed our workouts, we'll sorta. We've done the best we could, but it doesn't feel good enough. I'm not enjoying this feeling of "good enough". We had a 60 mile bike ride on the schedule for Friday morning. I was really looking forward to breaking that record. I've NEVER rode that far before and was excited to get it done. So instead we did a 60 minute spin class. On Friday the weather was calling for hail & lighting. Not great conditions for cyclists. We did what we could, but all day I didn't feel right. 

The old Heather would have been fine skipping or missing workouts. Almost excited that our workouts would be cancelled. But this weekend its making me a little nuts. Am I becoming an overachiever? 

Today we waited all morning & watched the radar, just hoping the rain & green on the screen would move out and the roads would dry. But then the waiting part was driving me nuts also, so we rented a movie and hopped on the trainers. We made good use of our time, but it feels like under achieving.

The really good news is the movie was really funny! (Four Christmas')And this is the first weekend that the weather has given us trouble.  Please don't get me wrong our training is going very well. We are really really close to being ready for the 70.3!!

The upcoming week is an easy week, which I feel like is very much needed! And on Sunday we'll do our first triathlon of the season. Its a sprint distance, which means, short race. (500 m swim; 13 or 14 mile bike and 3 mile run) I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do and then compare it to past years times.

No comments:

Post a Comment