Monday, April 5, 2010

DEAR HEADWIND...

....we're getting a divorce and I'm gonna marry tailwind! And live happily ever after! Our rides lately have brought out my not-so-pretty side. I have talked like a sailor and probably not been the best riding buddy. My attitude was horrible yesterday, except when we finished & headed to Sonic for our shake ;)

Yesterday (EASTER) we ran a little over 2 miles and hopped on the bike for 50 miles. I am not exaggerating when I say we had only 15 miles of tailwind. The rest of the ride was headwind or sidewind. It was tough, but excellent training (I'm sure it will pay off on race day).

This week is relatively easy. Swim today, run Tues & Thurs, off Weds, and a short run/bike/run on Friday. We are tapering for our 1/2 marathon on Sunday in St. Louis. I'm excited to see what we can do - it will still be slow by most standards. But we are more trained than ever before.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment