Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GO! St. Louis 1/2 Marathon

Heidi wanted me to blog about our 13.1 mile race on Sunday.

We had a fantastic race. And finally I can say the time training paid off on race day. This was my 4th 1/2 marathon. I have prepared for all the other races, but never had a race equal the training. Also worth mentioning that I've never stuck to a plan and been as focused and getting in each workout.

Last April we did Nashville's Rock N Roll Half Marathon. I had a terrible race! Heidi did awesome and verbally pulled me slowly through the race. She would not leave me. It was very hot that day and we had not had any really warm days to train.

I felt good during the race. The last few miles always hurt, but that is normal. Got a few blisters. And now down to 7 toenails. Another normal thing. Heidi says my body is high maintenance.

Sunday the miles went by so quickly and we enjoyed all of it. Walking only through the water stations. I won't share what our total time was, but we PR'd (I believe stands for personal record) by 12 minutes. Which was huge for us.

This race gave me some confidence moving closer and closer to June 6th. I'm getting excited and continue to enjoy the ride.

Side Note: Favorite t-shirt we saw said. "There is not an ounce of quit in this body." I kept saying that in my head along with.... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Another FYI: We are planning a over night trip to the race site. We'll do a swim/bike/run workout and become familiar with the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment