Monday, June 7, 2010

Email Letter

Below you will read a email/letter Heidi wrote to a group of AWESOME people we met back in October 2009 @ a leadership conference near Las Vegas. This class & group has forever changed my life for the better. And I wanted to share this letter with our blog.

Pictures of race day will be coming...sometime.....soon ;) We had an awesome race day full of smiles & laughing! And finished together!

_____________________________________________________




Hello LB2 friends!

I can remember back to the precise moment when I was up in front of all of you making a very serious commitment.  I felt powerful, excited and on top of the world.  I made a commitment to complete a 1/2 ironman with my sister in 2010.  I will admit to you all that when I arrived back home (you see, heather had been thinking about this since our previous quarter triathlon distance and I had been very skeptical and non committal)- into reality- I realized the overwhelming challenge I had committed myself to and was unsure that I could do it.  I had many excuses.  One of the biggest values I get from Rapport is about commitment.  So, I knew I was going to follow through.

Right before Christmas we met with our coach (and friend) to develop a plan.  On January 13th we began the plan.  Six days a week of training- for 5 months.  Totals- 70,000+ yrds swimming, 1200+ miles of biking and 220+ miles of running.   And I was still unsure that I was ready!!  It has been a fun & tough journey.

I am so blessed to have a training partner that has been 100% positive through the whole experience and has encouraged me and motivated me in ways that she will never know.  A husband that has been supportive and encouraging and taken the kids every step and long training day along the way.  And many other family members that have made our crazy training schedule possible.  Plus, a dad that has been training with us- and is doing the race with us!

Sunday is the day.  Ready or not, here I come!

Hugs,
Heidi Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment